In India, stroke is a disease of all ages, and a leading cause of death and disability .
A scalable, cost-effective solution using mobile technology to reduce death and disability from stroke.
Reducing the risk of stroke by 37% among patients with heart disease.
- Why it matters: In India, stroke is a disease of all ages, and a leading cause of death and disability
- Innovation: heartMAP is a scalable anticoagulation program harnessing low-cost mobile technology to reduce death and disability from stroke in low-literacy, low-resource settings
- Measurable Impact: We project that heartMAP will reduce death and disability from stroke by 37% in our target population, and reduce monthly cost of anticoagulation by 60%
- How we started: We started as a class project at Stanford University’s design school (d.school)
- Meet Our Team: We are a diverse, interdisciplinary, international team of scientists and techies passionate about combating cardiovascular disease among the most vulnerable populations in the world